Cambridge Pony Club celebrates 25 years of hosting the North Island Pony Club Show Jumping Championships this coming Monday the 18th & Tuesday the 19th of January 2010 at Leamington Rugby Sports grounds, Carlyle Street, Leamington.
PROGRAM 2010 (RUN UNDER SJNZ RULES)
MONDAY, 18th January, 8.30am
- CLASS 1 TABLE AM3
- CLASS 2 ACCUMULATOR
- CLASS 3 TABLE AM6
TUESDAY, 19th January, 8.30am
- CLASS 4 TABLE AM3 (2 Phase)
- CLASS 5 6 BAR
- CLASS 6 JIGSAW
Sashes and points to 10th placing in each event. The winning team with the most points after all six competitions are completed will receive a cheque for $800 plus the Aquarius Trophy to be held for one year. 1st $800 2nd $600 3rd $400 4th $300 5th $300 6th $300. All prize money is paid by cheque at the end of the final presentation, to the winning CLUBS which may be used at their discretion.
One team per Club with 6 riders per team
Teams to consist of:
- 2 riders 13yrs and under; Height first round 90cm
- 2 riders 14yrs and under 17yrs; Height first round 100cm
- 2 riders 17yrs and under 21yrs; Height first round 105cm
Ages are taken as at the first day of competition. The heights given are the maximum for the first round of each event. For the accumulator the heights are only approximate.
BASIC SHOWJUMPING RULES
- Each top rail of the fence knocked down is 4 faults.
- 1st stop or refusal is 4 faults.
- 2nd stop or refusal is 8 faults.
- 3rd stop or fall is elimination.
- The course is measured in distance so a time is set for riders who have to complete the course under this time or time faults will be incurred.
- Depending on the class, all clear rounds go into a jump off on a shortened course riding against the clock.
All protests must be in the hands of the Secretary within 10 minutes of the completion of the class, together with $20.00, (twenty dollars) which is refundable if the protest is upheld. Protests may ONLY be lodged by TEAM MANAGERS.
Any further queries should be directed to Mr Yearbury during the managers’ meeting at 8.00am Monday 18th January.
Thanks to Viv Johnston firstname.lastname@example.org or 07 827 2786.